Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 10:13:00 +1000 (EST)
From:      Paul Sondhu <paul@riker.comcirc.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up user accounts but with no email access

I am setting up a few user accounts on our WWW server so that users can
FTP to the server to post up their web pages into their relevant
web page directories.

How can I disable email access for these users. ie. I dont want them
to have an email account, only an account to FTP files to.

The users cannot telnet into our server since I have not given them
read or execute permission to the default shell ( tcsh ) so they cant
log onto the machine and use pine, elm, etc.

At the moment they can use a pop client since a pop server is running on
the machine. I dont want to remove the popper daemon since there are
a few accounts on there who need pop email access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Paul Sondhu			Email: P.Sondhu@comcirc.com.au
Internet Services Manager	Tel: +61 53 826 959
Computer Circuit Pty. Ltd.	Fax: +61 53 826 301
27 Darlot St.			WWW: http://www.comcirc.com.au/staff/paul
Horsham 3400
Victoria Australia