Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 1996 17:46:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, FREEBSD-SCSI-L <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Streamlogic RAIDION drive arrays

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Narvi wrote:

> Could you give back any views you have on it? I have my I on the CMDs
> external cabinet with 4/6 slots (depends on the drive size). I'll echo
> back when we have acquired one and tested it out...

    I'm looking at Raidion, CMD, Mylex and a local Toronto integrator
called Dataplex.  One thing in common is the impressive cost.  ;-)  A
RAID controller and a RAID-ready cabinet that will hold 6 or so drives
costs around C$5000 up here.  I also prefer 19" rackmount and DC power
versions, which will only add to the cost.

    My sales rep at Tenex Data has promised an eval Raidion, and Open
Storage Solutions can probably do the same for a CMD unit.  I haven't
had a chance to find a Mylex reseller in town yet.

    With the amount of money that the company is about to spend on
this stuff, I might be able to donate a few bills to the FreeBSD DPT
driver effort too.  :)
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Senior Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.