Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2021 01:49:51 +0100
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Subject:   Re: which linux libfuse.so.2?

On 09.02.2021 21:56, Pete Wright wrote:
> there is also work happening on getting debian and ubuntu working under
> freebsd - not sure about its availability on 11.4, but i use it for GUI
> apps on my workstations:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/LinuxJails
>
> the nice thing about this method, is once you've bootstrapped your
> debian environment you can chroot into it and run "apt-get install blah"
> and it all pretty much just works.

Wow! I found that interesting and may be a way to run closed source
Linux utilities for FPGA from Latice and Xilinx as I have problems
running them with GUI on Linuxlator.

Two quick questions:
1. Can I use it as non-root? How to chroot for/as normal user?
2. Did you use all X applications with no problems that way?

Thanks Pete! :-)

--
CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, https://www.tomek.cedro.info