Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:52:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Alexei Khalimov <lesha@mos.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: an FXTV suggestion

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Alexei Khalimov wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I think FXTV will much more popular if it would support saving
> single frame images to disc using programmed intervals.
> For example if someone wants to use it as a WebCam capture software
> for his Web Site.

That would be marvelous! However, since I rebuilt world (4.0) recently
the single frame capture stopped working :-( I have no idea where to
look. I asked it here a week ago, but no replies. Maybe if I add that
a complaint about the mixer not working, which I had before
rebuilding, has disappeared. I think the device did not exist before
and I couldn't get it build by MAKEDEV. I did not pay much attention
to it, as everything was working great.

Can the mixer be the cause? Seems not as the mixer
had something to do with sound. Anyway, the picture can be frozen, but
when I try to save it fxtv says there is no frozen picture. Where, o
where do I look? I did try to read the README and "-debug subproc"
does not work for me.

--
Marc Schneiders

marc@venster.nl
marc@oldserver.demon.nl

propro         	 10:30am  up   4 days,  12:19,  load average: 2.64 2.71 2.42