Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:34:46 GMT
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        "Edmund Craske" <edmund@m00is.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is 4.9-STABLE?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edmund Craske" <edmund@m00is.net>
To: "'Remko Lodder'" <remko@elvandar.org>; "'Mark'" <admin@asarian-host.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 5:10 PM

> This isn't 4.9-STABLE, of course, but the security patch branch
> of 4.9-RELEASE. Hope this does the job for you all the same.
> If you actually want STABLE, the cvs tag needs to be RELENG_4
> rather than RELENG_4_9.

Thanks. Yes, I already figured this out, and compiled with the RELENG_4 tag.
:)

Yes, I wanted STABLE, because, allegedly, it has support for the Promise
8237 SATA controller I plan to use:

http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/4-STABLE/hardware/i386/x27.html#AEN33

P.S. I added "ports-all" to my supfile; the entire ports tree got deleted;
but I did not get anything back! That was not cool. But I grabbed the entire
tar.gz from the FreeBSD website, and installed it manually again.

Everything seems fine again. Thanks again.

- Mark