Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 10:57:50 +1000
From:      Joe Shevland <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache, Java servlet engine, and Java.

(Removed -hackers, sorry if not appropriate to do so)

Apache 1.34 + JServ 1.0b3 + FreeBSD JVM 1.1.7

also works nicely for me. I haven't encountered any bugs or difficulties
_at all_ once its all installed (and the installation isn't too bad
either). FWIW, I'm also using the GnuJSP package to implement Java
Server Pages, a competitor to Microsoft's Active Server Pages, which
give you the ability to embed Java code in HTML pages for dynamic page
generation.

I wouldn't develop on any other platform now, bar testing.

Cheers,
Joe.