Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 00:43:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Urgent(?) today's 3.3-RC crashes on boot

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9909021834320.51838-100000@dt010nb9.san.rr.com> Doug writes:
: 	I say (?) because I strongly suspect that this is flaky
: hardware, however after spending the afternoon installing freebsd
: 3.2-Stable from 9/24, then upgrading via cvsup to the most recent 3.3-RC

I found that a 19990818 snapshot would cause almost identical dumps
like the following on a regular basis.

: 	Boxes are Rack-mounts, Intel N440BX mb's with onboard Intel
: etherexpress. This one has 128M of ram, 450 Mhz PII and a 16G IDE HD.

I was seeing this on a mini 486DX2 that I bought to turn into a router
and a dumpster (machine with tape drive and little else to do network
backups).

Warner