Date:      Sat, 31 Dec 1994 15:59:06 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        spetry@unf6.cis.unf.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

> >    1. Will a version of FreeBSD be coming out, hopefully soon, that supports
> >       the Mitsumi/SoundBlaster combination?
>
> We'd like to, but I can't make any guarantees..

Sorry to correct yo Jordan, but the Mitsumi/Soundblaster combination
should work. It has worked once, i have done my testing mostly with
the Soundblaster and not the Mitsumi private controller once.
That is missing is the Sony and the Panasonic ( aka. Soundblaster CDROM )
drive on the Soundblaster Card.

> >    2. Is a driver currently available for the Mitsumi/SoundBlaster and if
> >       so, where is it? Or if not, why not?
>
> It's not because no one has done it yet.. :-(

Wrong, it should work out of the box with a GENERIC 2.0 kernel and show
up as mcd1. The necessary driver and info is in the kernel. This expects
the Adresses and Interrupts on the default place on the soundblaster.
Adress 0x340 and IRQ 11.
If it is not working, than somebody has broken some code and i would like
to know it to test it again.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe