Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 13:21:01 -0500
From:      "Frank A. Herda" <fherda@herda.com>
To:        <rewt@i-Plus.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: oops...  nevermind what I said about qpopper

I tried your prior suggestions and although it looked like
everything worked it still would not.  So I tried going back to
the ports collection on freebsd's ftp site.  Apparently there is a
port for qpop2.2.  So I blew everything off in my install direcetory
and ran the port which is supposted to add appropriate patches
to support freebsd.  It still did not put popper executable in the
libexec directory.  I had to copy this from the "work" directory
that created by the install scripts mannually.

Everthing seemed to run fine, popauth created, popper created but
when I tried to get the popper deamon running thru inetd.conf I keep
getting permission denied (I''m doing this from root) so I'm really
perplexed!

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing  wrong?