Date:      Sat, 08 Oct 2005 15:30:00 -0400
From:      Lee Parsons <pars0080@umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad R32 resume issues 5.3 -> 5.4

Hello
I recently upgraded by thinkpad R32 from freebsd 5.3 to 5.4.  Since I
did this, I can no longer successfully use the "zzz" command to sleep my
laptop.
More particularly, if I use zzz to sleep my laptop while running X, it
will never wake up.  If I open the lid to try to resume my laptop, I
will get graphical "pukage" and system nonresponsiveness.  This was not
a problem in 5.3
As for the upgrade, I actually reformatted my freebsd slice in the
process, so there shouldn't be any remnants of 5.3 on here.  I built a
new kernel in 5.4 with apci, but *not* apm.  This combination is the
same as I used in 5.3.
Upon advice from freebsd-mobile, I added the following to /etc/sysctl.conf:
hw.acpi.reset_video=0
hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1

Any ideas?
thank you