Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:43:56 -0700
From:      Chris Stankevitz <cstankevitz@toyon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating the ports collection

The FreeBSD handbook section 4.5.1 describes several methods for
obtaining the ports collection including CVSup, Portsnap, and sysinstall.

Section 4.5.1 also describes how to update the ports collection, but
only for the CVSup and Portsnap methods.

Q1: How do I update the ports collection after using sysinstall to
obtain it?

Q2: Is this explained in the handbook?  If so, where?

Thank you,

Chris

PS: I uses sysinstall to obtain the ports collection from the CD during
OS install