Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:01:58 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 and portupgrade

--=-=-=

At 2004-03-18T02:37:20Z, "kyle" <kyle@xraided.net> writes:

> Ok, so, apparently I'm a miserable failure... I changed my MAKEARGS
> section accordingly:
> 'lang/php4' =3D> 'BATCH=3DYES WITH_CTYPE=3Dyes WITH_CURL=3Dyes WITH_EXIF=
=3Dyes
> WITH_FTP=3Dyes WITH_GD=3Dyes WITH_MYSQL=3Dyes WITH_OPENSSL
> =3Dyes WITH_OVERLOAD=3Dyes WITH_PCRE=3Dyes WITH_POSIX=3Dyes WITH_POSTGRES=
QL=3Dyes
> WITH_SESSION=3Dyes WITH_TOKENIZER=3Dyes WITH_XML=3Dyes WITH_ZLIB=3Dyes',

Kyle and others,

Frankly, I think you're making this too difficult.  Edit /root/php_options
like so:

    WITH_BCMATH=3DON
    WITH_BZIP2=3DON
    WITH_CURL=3DON

and be done with it.  Look at /usr/ports/lang/php4/scripts/php4_options for
a list of knobs.  This has worked on all of the systems I manage for quite a
few months now without any perceptable breakage.

You can still put 'BATCH=3DYES' in pkgtools.conf, should you wish to do so,
but let the port itself do the heavy lifting on this task.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser

"94 outdated ports on the box,
 94 outdated ports.