Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:39:33 +1100
From:      Graham Menhennitt <gmenhennitt@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   network interface dies randomly - ifconfig down then up fixes

I have a Arris Cornerstone CM200 cable modem connected to my FreeBSD stable
(cvsupped last week) box via UTP into a NE2000 compatible ISA Ethernet
adaptor. The connection randomly dies. I can send pings out of it and see
the Activity LED flash on the modem but the FreeBSD box never sees any
replies. Doing "ifconfig ed1 down" followed by "ifconfig ed1 up" fixes it.
It's been happening for about the last two weeks (so it happened before the
most recent cvsup also).

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
	Graham