Date:      Thu, 05 May 2011 12:39:34 +0200
From:      Robert Schulze <rs@bytecamp.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs l2arc issue

Hi,

Am 05.05.2011 12:13, schrieb Jeremy Chadwick:
> I think most of us would like to know what single ZFS issue is keeping
> you from upgrading the machine to RELENG_8 / 8.2-STABLE.  I think
> overall it might make the most sense to address or fix that problem for
> you and then have you try 8.2-STABLE to see if the above issue persists.

there _was_ a problem causing the kernel to panic with highly nested
filesystems (kern/154681 thread stack size too small), which was fixed
by avg@ in mid march. A panic every three days is not tolerable in
production use, so we waited with upgrading.

Of course I know, that issues with old FreeBSD releases are not very
gladly seen on this list, well, we will upgrade the machine in the
upcoming days and hope for the best. *sigh*

with kind regards,
Robert Schulze