Date:      09 Aug 97 18:10:21 +0100
From:      Kenneth.W.Cochran@234-49-99.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Kenneth W Cochran)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DPT SCSI HBA support

From: kwc@world.std.com (Kenneth W Cochran)

(this is posted to hardware & questions)

Right now I run BSDI, Linux & Interactive (old).  All these OSes
support DPT SCSI HBAs.  I'd really like to run FreeBSD.  :-)  I've read
that there is now an available driver supporting DPT's SCSI HBAs.

Q1.  Any idea(s) as to when this driver will make it into the CD & how
it will possibly be identifiable?

Q2 & 3.  How can I install FreeBSD (current?) onto a machine with a DPT
HBA?  I suppose I'd need a boot-floppy with the driver in its kernel,
so how'd I get that?

Once up, I can, of course, get the driver & gen a new kernel, etc...

Many thanks,
Kenneth W. Cochran