Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:27:09 -0500
From:      "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-11 - EZJail - Sharing binary packages across jails

I am attempting to discover if it is possible to add a binary package
to the base system and have that shared by all of the jails hosted
thereon.  However, I can find no clear discussion of this either in
the man pages or on the EZJail project site.  Nor is there much
discussion in the FreeBSD Handbook or elsewhere respecting this
particular subject.

I have empirically determined that simply installing a package on the
host does not expose it to the jails.  However, it seems to me that
this must somehow be possible.

Is there a reference which discusses this in some detail or has anyone
here a short précis they can share on how this is done?

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3