Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:02:17 +0000
From:      "Caza, Aaron" <Aaron.Caza@ca.weatherford.com>
To:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.1 Beta 2 ZFS performance degradation on SSDs

With regards to this issue, it's a case of the old FreeBSD 9.0 settings not=
 working the same as in FreeBSD 10 & 11: the ZFS ARC min & max settings I w=
as utilizing were too aggressive.

On a separate server with 18 days of uptime, bumping vfs.zfs.arc_min and vf=
s.zfs.arc_max up to something more reasonable sans reboot restored performa=
nce.

Apologies for the noise and thanks for the suggestions.

--
Aaron
This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has=
 been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error =
and then immediately delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, do n=
ot read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. The sender disclaims=
 any liability for such unauthorized use. PLEASE NOTE that all incoming e-m=
ails sent to Weatherford e-mail accounts will be archived and may be scanne=
d by us and/or by external service providers to detect and prevent threats =
to our systems, investigate illegal or inappropriate behavior, and/or elimi=
nate unsolicited promotional e-mails (spam). This process could result in d=
eletion of a legitimate e-mail before it is read by its intended recipient =
at our organization. Moreover, based on the scanning results, the full text=
 of e-mails and attachments may be made available to Weatherford security a=
nd other personnel for review and appropriate action. If you have any conce=
rns about this process, please contact us at dataprivacy@weatherford.com.