Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:00:08 +1000
From:      Neal Nelson <neal@nelson.name>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: USB Ethernet on WebPlayer [neal@nelson.name]

Hiya.

I'm trying to get a USB Ethernet adaptor to work on a Virgin WebPlayer.

The adaptor is a cheap no name brand and reports itself as follows:

aue0: Ruby Tech Corp. Ethernet 10/100 USB MAC, rev 1.10/1.01, addr2

It's recognised OK and on another system (a Compaq) it works perfectly.
Unfortunately on the WebPlayer, I get the following:

aue0: watchdog timeout

I can't get it to talk to anything.

I've also tried it with a powered hub, in case there wasn't enough
power to run the adaptor but still no joy.

Any ideas, as a WebPlayer running FreeBSD may be cool but is useless
with no networking?