Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2000 14:26:32 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible idea to raise funds.

> I have thought of perhaps a way to raise some funds for the FreeBSD
> project. I was thinking, why not sell pop3, @freebsd.org e-mail
> accounts. I don't know about how popular it would be, but I would
> definately buy one, and I think it would be a good way to get the
> name out some more. What do you think?

FreeBSD.org accounts are already sort of the "executive perk" of those
who care enough about FreeBSD to volunteer their labor, either as
docs, ports or src committers.  Not to say that this alone has been
their incentive, but hey, they're volunteers and there are so few
tangible things one gets as a volunteer that each and every one counts
for something. :)

- Jordan