Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:41:48 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Forcing memory detection with MAXMEM?

Hey,

After much struggle with the Asus P3V133 running an Intel processor with
weird multiplier lock (mentioned on -hardware a few weeks back), I've
fitted a second hand Abit BE6 I managed to pick up cheap...

This thing has an ugly intel BX chipset which only recognizes half of my RAM
(two 256MB modules read as 128MB each). This is a known issue with the BX.

If I set MAXMEM in my kernel configuration to force FreeBSD to detect 512MB,
would it work, despite the BX being crap?

Will
--
Willie Viljoen
Freelance IT Consultant