Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:58:13 -0800
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        Mikko =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= <mbsd@pacbell.net>
Cc:        Baldur Gislason <baldur@foo.is>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Inspiron 630m

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 16:14 -0800, Mikko Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi wrote:
> The bfe driver is broken for machines with more than 1GB of RAM.
> If that is the case you'll have to use the NDIS driver (or set
> hw.physmem to limit memory to 1GB...:-P)

Odd.  I'm running -current on an Inspiron 5160 that has a Broadcom
BCM4401 and 2GB in it.  No problems so far, at least not with just
booting and letting it sit idle.  I've been using wireless exclusively
lately so I haven't been exercising the bfe driver, but you seem to
imply that the machine would be DOA...
--=20
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/