Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:21:39 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   [ALR Server] panic: mpfps Base Table HOSED!

Hi...

	I just acquired, at work, a Dual-P166 ALR Server with 512MB of RAM
and somethign like 32gig of disk space to use as a Squid Cache
Server...and have installed FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE on it (its the first one
that I get into our machine room, of hopefully many if I can convince
them)...

	When I boot with SMP enabled, I get:

panic: mpfps Base Table HOSED!
mp_lock = 0000001; cpuid = 0; lapic_id = 00000000

	I looked through the archives, and there is a thread on this that
Steve responded with:

"Traditionally I've used config options, perhaps 'IGNORE_MPTABLE_176'
would be good.  Then document it in LINT in the SMP section.

At the very least I would want an informational message to come out to the
console about "ignoring invalid MPtable entry: #xx: during boot if this
goes into the tree."

	But, how do I find out what I want to ignore?  And does this even
apply in my case, since my BIOS is an *old* PhoenixBIOS 4.04.x?

	This machine has been used with Solaris/SMP as well as Novell, so
we know that the hardware itself works...

Thanks...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org