Date:      Sat, 01 Mar 2003 23:48:22 -0600
From:      "Alan L. Cox" <alc@imimic.com>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removal of ENABLE_VFS_IOOPT

Before I begin work on vm_object locking, I'd like to remove
ENABLE_VFS_IOOPT from the kernel sources.  ENABLE_VFS_IOOPT was a
work-in-progress by John Dyson to perform zero-copy file system I/O.
Unfortunately, it still has some unresolved issues, and no one has taken
an active interest in fixing them.

For the record, both Matt Dillon and Tor Egge have stated in public or
private e-mail that they favor removing it.
Unless I hear an objection, I intend to remove it in a few days.

Alan