Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 03:29:07 +0100
From:      "Rink Springer" <rink@springer.cx>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>, "Jim Freeze" <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD daemon as an icon?

Hi,

I suggest you use mod_rewrite (I assume you use Apache) to let Apache return
a favicon.ico file for any directory. I've set this up at
http://www.govteen.com, and it goes like this (stick this into a VirtualHost
entry)

---snip---
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule favicon.ico$ /images/favicon.ico [L]
---snip---

This, of course, requires you to stick the favicon.ico file in /images :D

Enjoy!
--Rink