Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 1995 14:43:00 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with WIDE drive

<problems with CONNER CP31050 1.05GB 160D deleted>

I haven't had the oportunity to play with one of these devices before.
Does it behave the same way if you disable wide negotiation, sync
negotiation, or disconnection?  Target Busy status can occur in many
different situations... do these occur when you are doing transfers
between two devices, or just I/O to/from the conner?

>    FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-19950601
>    P5-90
>    16MB/512K Cache
>    2940W	                   (terminator off)
>      Wide chain
>	CONNER CP31050 1.05GB 160D (terminated)
>      Narrow chain
>	 DEC RZ73     (C) DEC T392
>	 TEAC CD-ROM CD-50 1.06    (at end and terminated)
>	 WANGTEK 6130-FS 3.04
>    Digital DC21040 Ethernet
>    Matrox PCI VGA

Your termination should be set High on, Low off on the 2940W for this
configuration.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM