Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 03:20:13 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IE for FreeBSD Petition

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 03:50:14PM -0400, Bill A. K. wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>      I've had this petition up for a while, and I'm trying to get more
> traffic and names. I'm trying to get something to convince Microsoft to
> port Internet Explorer for UNIX to FreeBSD.
> The URL for my site is http://www.iefreebsd.freeservers.com
> If you would be interested in a small banner, etc. for your own web site,
> please let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> billieakay@yahoo.com

I general I find it best to have nothing to do with microsoft. I buy none of
their products, I will not work on or support any of their products, and I
will not work for them or any of their subsidiary. I suggest that if you
dislike microsoft, the way they do business and their rotten products, shun
them. If system admin types start refusing to have anything to do with
microsoft and their products then business will have a harder and harder
time finding people to support the microsoft products they have installed
in their environments. Business will also have to pay higher rates for those
admins that are willing to support microsoft products. This may cause
business to take a second and harder look at FreeBSD and Linux.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 4.0
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses