Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:47:30 +0200
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pfg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        John Marino <draco@marino.st>, freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DragonFly added support for ELF preinit, init, and fini arrays

--ocX8nJS1hl+tlwGc

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 08:22:02PM -0500, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
>=20
> FYI, this commit in DragonFly seems interesting:
>=20
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2012-02/msg00146.html
>=20
> It appears like linux had them from a while and some years ago they start=
ed
> using them for C++ in gcc:
>=20
>=20
> cheers,
If you read the commit message, you will notice something at the end.

I have WIP patches to add support for the init arrays to our rtld.
It is not tested yet, and I want to ponder more about the ABI changes
in csu that I introduce.

In fact, I am more interested in having answer to the question, what
immediate and long-term use do we have for the feature. Also, I want
non-artificial test cases for DT_INIT_ARRAY and DT_FINI_ARRAY.

http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/init_array.1.patch

--ocX8nJS1hl+tlwGc

--ocX8nJS1hl+tlwGc--