Date:      04 Apr 2002 12:32:32 -0800
From:      Unix Newbie <unix_newbie@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding a service at start up

  Hey everyone!

    I have been looking around on the net a bit and I cannot quite seem
to find out how to add a service/dameon to run at start up. I have been
trying to include hxd (the hotline server clone) in the inetd.conf, but
I keep getting errors that the service is unrecognized. The server works
fine if I just launch it from /usr/local/shxd-0.2.1/run/. (now I do have
to do it with ./hxd, I hope thats not the problem. Theres no flags
needed, or gui or anything and it doesn't matter who launches it.) I
have read a lot of stuff, and this may be just right under my noise, but
a little help would be great!

  Thanks so much! Docs, urls, I'd like pretty much anything.

  Terry.