Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 17:49:20 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Paul Southworth <pauls@etext.org>
Cc:        asmodai@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4-STABLE - did you break /etc/defaults/rc.conf?

Paul Southworth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like the /etc/defaults/rc.conf thing I got from cvsup today is
> broken - it never reads /etc/rc.conf at all now.  I assume the trouble is
> in the new source_rc_confs() function in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

	Are there any error messages in your boot scroll? Also, could you
confirm that your /etc/defaults/rc.conf is version 1.53.2.5, and your
/etc/rc is version 1.212.2.3?  If not, please update your sources then
run mergemaster (or mergemaster -v if it's your first time using it) so
we can be sure that you're totally up to date.

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire