Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:28:14 -0500
From:      James Gosnell <jamesgosnell@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Custom Software for Municipalities

I've done better looking MVC framework websites using PHP Yii Framework,
Perl Catalyst or Perl Mojolicious. It was a while ago, but I had no
experience with MVC back then. It took me about a week to completely grok
the frameworks and concepts (like authorization model abstraction). After
you have knowledge of the framework, I would say it would take a day to
make the simple CRUD layout that you see and then a week or two to polish
it off. I would conservatively give a programmer a month to complete and
polish a similar system, with all the database design, modifications to the
views, models and controllers. It looks like the programmer might of been
using ASP MVC, but I can't fully tell. I'd recommend you go with an
open-source stack of FreeBSD, PostgreSQL Database and one of the Frameworks
I mentioned above. I'd recommend Ruby on Rails if I knew more about it. I
have no knowledge of Python MVC frameworks.