Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:26:28 -0400
From:      Kirk Bailey <idiot1@netzero.net>
To:        George Theodo <gtheodo72@yahoo.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Colous for characters

George,  if you are using a telnet or ssh terminal, you must referr to the
program's manual for how to do this.

If you mean logging in with the system's local console and local CRT, that is
another matter, and I will dererr to older and wiser heads on the list, as I
have not a clue in that case. My server is on the other side of town, and I
never had to consider it before. For what it's worth, I use PuTTY, a free ssh
client.

George Theodo wrote:

> Hello to everybody. I am new to FreeBSD which I am using for a couple of weeks. I would like to ask this: when we log in the text mode ( not a terminal in graphic environment ) , the picture we get is black background and white characters. Is it possible to change the color of the characters to something different than white? ( I am using 5.1 Release and csh).
> Thank you.
>
> George

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey

  +                              think                                +
   http://www.howlermonkey.net  +-----+        http://www.tinylist.org
   http://www.listville.net     | BOX |  http://www.sacredelectron.org
   Thou art free"-ERIS          +-----+     'Got a light?'-Prometheus
  +                              kniht                                +

Fnord.