Date:      Mon, 9 May 2011 15:35:08 -0700
From:      "Devin Teske" <dteske@vicor.com>
To:        "'Gautham Ganapathy'" <gautham@lisphacker.org>
Cc:        'FreeBSD' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Firefox URL Address Bar does not work under 8.1-RELEASE

BREAKTHROUGH!!

Turns out that this rather odd behavior is reproduced by having an NFS-mounted
$HOME directory.

Executing something like the following allowed the browser to function properly:

	env HOME=/tmp firefox3

Is there any solution that could allow us to keep our home directories on NFS?

We presume that there's a lock-file that can't be generated on our NFS server
and that's what is causing our headache.
--
Devin