Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:56:58 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        "David B. Aas" <dave@ciminot.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw & natd -www packets?

Heloo,

The  "simple" type of firewall, as defined in /etc/rc.firewall of a
recent FreeBSD does allow what you want.
You just add : firewall_type="simple" to your /etc/rc.conf, and you
should be done (anyway, all of this is controlled by relativly easy to
understand scripts, so you should be able to adapt these scripts)

	TfH

"David B. Aas" wrote:

> I ALMOST have my firewall working. I could not ping until i added an allow
> statement to pass ICMP packets.
>
> Now I need to get my Windoze computers to access the Internet thru my
> FreeBSD firewall. I am not running DNS or Web services on FreeBSD. I only
> want to pass packets thru natd.
>
> Is there a port number that I should use. I tried a rule "allow tcp from any
> to any 80", but it didn't help.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dave Aas
> dave@ciminot.com