Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:03:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        kozmo killah <k0zm0z@yahoo.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd works on laptops?

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, kozmo killah wrote:

> does the freebsd works on laptop pc?

Guess that'd depend on the laptop... ;)

> i try the linux on thinkpad 701 and it blew up into
> much fire and smoke which maked big fire in room.

Ouch...  sounds like bad luck.  I have both the latest Slakware and Red
Hat distributions running on an IBM Thinkpad 755 here with no problems...
they even recognized all my PCMCIA devices on startup.

> i have now the thinkpad 560 and will the freebsd
> works much better and no break laptop?

Some would argue that FreeBSD always works better than Linux. ;)

> is the freebsd very much guarantee to not blow up?

Surely you know by now that there's no guarantees in life. <g>

---
 Mike Hoskins				mike@seidata.com
 SEI Data Network Services, Inc.	http://www.adept.org/apropos