Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 16:21:10 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wb L2 cache improves sp3g by 10%

On Feb 16,  8:39, ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com wrote:
} Subject: wb L2 cache improves sp3g by 10%
} Hello
}         Dirty tag sram improves sp3g performance by 10% - 11%, with a
} AMD 5x86 133 processor.  I know there are a few people on this list
} using this mainboard, so I thought I would pass the info on.  I have
} not done a make world yet.  All times are in seconds.

Thanks a lot. This information is much appreciated!

I've been thinking about buying a Tag RAM for some
days, but I still need to find a local source. What
is the exact chip type you bought (and what did you
pay ? Seems they are soem $20 over here ...)

Could you perhaps give "bytebench" a try ?

I've done several tests with WT and WB without dirty
tag RAM, and I'd be interested in numbers for WB with
that chip added. I found the AMD 5x86 to be 150% of
an DX2/66 (user and real time of a make world), and
the tag RAM would make that 165% !

Regards, STefan
--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160