Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:24:28 -0700
From:      Scott Michel <scottm@CS.UCLA.EDU>
To:        bush doctor <dervish@bantu.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hints on u/g XFree86?

bush doctor wrote:
> Here's one formula ...

I guess I should not have been as terse as I was. Of course I have the
necessary positive cluon flux density to perform the previous 6 steps.
(Ok, you may have been misled by my signature...)

However, if you have XF86 3.3.3.1 installed and a crapload of your
ports depend on it (like, oh, say, your Window Manager), then a
cavalier "pkg_delete" will cause your Romulan pain stick to vibrate
madly in your back.

So, I'll ask it again: Is there a relatively painless way to u/g
to XF86 3.3.4 w/o having to blat and recompile all my other ports
and having to re-frob all of my (precious) configuration?

Or do I just compile everything up and hope for the best (like I've
done in the past?)

(ObSideNote: I've been running -current for ~3 years, so my cluon
 flux density is somewhat higher than a newbie's. I just haven't
 found a decent way around this problem.)

-scooter