Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:48:03 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Junior Kernel hacker task? <g> Re: interface stalling on tx ?

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 12:45:30PM -0500, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> I think that it would probably be easier to go and fix many of the network
> drivers than to abstract the watchdog timer more.

probably agreed. The changes to the individual drivers are
not large, and a bit of auditing might be necessary because
sometimes there are also race conditions involved in setting/clearing
the timer.

At this point i believe the "one card at a time" approach is the
most productive one.

A remark is that as time goes on, boxes become faster and
faster, and they tend to trigger a lot of performance or
timing bugs in the systems with which we have lived happily
for ages.

	cheers
	luigi