Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 2014 21:04:05 +1200
From:      Chris Smith <chris@nevermind.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multihomed system with jails routing issues

On 06/04/14 04:20, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 4/5/14, 10:22 AM, Chris Smith wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have a system with 1 network interface with 2 extra VLANs off it
>> and I'm having some trouble getting the routing working correctly
>> with it and jails.
>>
>> bge0     - management - 10.71.100.0/24
>> bge0.101 - LAN        - 10.71.101.0/24
>> bge0.103 - DMZ        - 10.71.101.0/24
>>
>> Here's what I want to achieve...
>>
>> Host:
>> I want the host system to only listen on one interface, bge0. I want
>> NO ip addresses of the host on the vlan interfaces. The only service
>> it will be exposing is its sshd. The management address for this
>> system is 10.71.100.50.
>>
> Sounds to me that you want to use vimage jails.
> check the vnet command to jail .

Hey Julian,

Thanks for that. I did come across it but all of the documentation I
found indicated that it was experimental.

After a day or so messing around with VIMAGE/vnet and their various
gotchas and interactions with jails on FreeBSD 10, I have something
working that I'm happy with.

I've made a bunch of notes so I hope to write something up for it since
most of the documentation around this is thin, old or outdated.

Cheers,
Chris.