Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 09:59:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>, Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Subject:   Re: Re(2): Standard Shipping Containers - A Proposal for Distributing FreeBSD

On 16 May 1996, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

> Since those who have the direct access are not really inhibited by this
> proposal, I suggest that you reconsider it in view of the other 99.99% of the
> folks for whom my assumptions apply.
>
> I hope there is somebody out there who cares about the difficulties of the
> "average joe" and doesn't simply brush off those problems because they are a
> member of the elite class who get to play by their own rules.

If you would make clear that your realize that your comments don't apply
to those who are net connected, you wouldn't have everyone complaining.
Your comments so far have been incorrect in how sup and ctm really work.
No one would argue about upgrading ctm, but you seem to be making claims
about both sup and ctm that don't apply to both.

You ask who cares about those not net-connected, but your own comments
seem to betray a prejudice against those who ARE net-connected.  How
about caring for both?  That's why there's TWO tools, not one.

> --
>
> ...computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and weigh
> only 1/2 tons.      --  Popular Mechanics, March 1949

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |