Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:31:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem making emu-1.31 port

when I try to make the port in /usr/ports/x11/emu I get the following at
the end. I've searched the mailing list and tried downloading the skeleton
and installing it via vtp rather than off the cdrom but I still get the
same problem.

The file Xdefaults.emu exists in the /usr/ports/x11/emu/work/emu/tdesc dir
but I'm not even sure if that is the file missing.

I've resorted to installing the package but would like to be able to
install it from the port to make sure I haven't bungled anything which
will cause problems later.

thanks in advance
Andrew Perry

rm -f libcanvas.a
ar clq libcanvas.a TermCanvas.o functions.o char_array.o screen.o selection.o motion.o
ranlib libcanvas.a
making all in ./tdesc...
xrdb -n -I../tdesc -I../include  Xdefaults.emu > Emu.ad
xrdb: No such file or directory
xrdb: Can't open display ''
*** Error code 1

Stop.