Date:      Mon, 2 May 2005 23:04:39 +0000
From:      Halil Demirezen <halil@enderunix.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why is hardware so messy to cope with?

--Boundary-00=_HIrdC437ypLsRJ/

Hello,

I am so newbie to the kernels. I am trying to code kernel that i am current=
ly
developing. It is nothing more than testing and seeing process... I have got
a basic kernel that does simple interrupts in protected mode. I am sending
 the source code attached.

What i want to ask is:

=2D why after adding ../mm/memory.o to the kernel/Makefile the processor tr=
aps
unresolved interrupt while it should trap keyboard_interrupt.

=2D Is there any problem in compilation flags?

All the comments on the source code will be welcomed since it will be a gre=
at
experience for me to step ahead in being a future developer of FreeBSD
kernel..

PS:

for compiling insert a floppy and
cd boot/ && make
cd kernel/ && make & make install
reboot the machine booting from floppy disk..

sincerely.

=2D-=20
*    Halil Demirezen     *
* Geli=C5=9Ftirici Tak=C4=B1m =C3=9Cyesi*=20
*    halil@enderunix.org *

--Boundary-00=_HIrdC437ypLsRJ/--