Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:38:29 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Radek =?iso-8859-2?Q?Val=E1=B9ek?= <valin@buchlovice.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GPT boot with ZFS RAIDZ "ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable"

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 21:37 +0200, Radek Valášek wrote:
> Robert Noland napsal(a):
> > On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 14:08 +0200, Radek Valášek wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I want to ask if there is something new in adding support to
> >> gptzfsboot/zfsboot for reading gang-blocks?

I think that the gang block patch will work, though still haven't gotten
it tested.  However, I'm fairly confident that the issue is not gang
block related.  Right now, I have setup a disk like this:

=>        34  1953525101  ada1  GPT  (932G)
          34         128     1  freebsd-boot  (64K)
         162     8388608     2  freebsd-swap  (4.0G)
     8388770   648019968     3  freebsd-zfs  (309G)
   656408738   648019968     4  freebsd-zfs  (309G)
  1304428706   648019968     5  freebsd-zfs  (309G)
  1952448674     1076461        - free -  (526M)

Note that this is not a raidz pool right now.  It is just 3 toplevel
partitions setup as a single pool.  I finally have this configuration
working reliably.  At least in this case, the issue is due to all of the
partitions not being probed during early boot and so not being added to
the list of vdevs for the pool.  When zio_read finds a dva that points
to a device it doesn't know about, it gives up and whines.

Can you detail for me how you have everything configured, so that I can
try to replicate it.  gpart show, zpool status and zpool get all <pool>
would be good.  I'm not sure that I have enough spare disks lying around
to do this properly, but maybe I can use virtual disks or something.

robert.