Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:42:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Wong <wwong@wiley.csusb.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Short on disk space

Hello All!

Has anybody experienced a file system full while trying to do a make world?
I installed off of the 2.1.5-RELEASE CDROM and compiled a new kernel.  I then
tried the bytebench test and got a file system full error in /usr.  I then
tried a make world and it died while compressing the man pages because of the
file system full error again.

I'm sorry about the vagueness of the above description.  I briefly looked at
the console before rushing out the door to school this morning.

The / partition is 128Megs, swap is 128Megs, and /usr is the rest of the 2 gig
Seagate barracuda 32550N.  I assumed that I would have enough space.  df shows
/usr at 26% with something like 1.5 gigs left.

My machine is an ASUS SP3 with 32 Megs, adaptec 2940W, Seagate barracuda
32550N.  My machine was solid prior to 2.1.5-RELEASE.

--
William T. Wong
Assistant Network Analyst