Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:39:53 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <fonvi@easynet.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fa_select startup

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:12:40AM -0500, Craig.Burlingame@nokia.com wrote:
> To All:
> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the various sources on how to get
> the NetGear FA410TXC card to work.  I have now successfully loaded FreeBSD
> v4.3 onto a Toshiba Tecra8000 with the NetGear card.  The only issues I now
> face, is how, and where, to automate the running of fa_select so that it is
> executed before the start of the network services (but after pccard starts).

add the following lines to your /etc/pccard.conf

card "NETGEAR" "FA410TX"
        config  0x20 "ed0" ? 0x80000
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s NETGEAR FA410TX Ethernet inserted
        insert  /usr/local/bin/fa_select ed0 0
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s NETGEAR FA410TX Ethernet removed
	remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

Marc