Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 12:02:16 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Netserver LX Pro Install Hang

I'm trying to install 4.0 on an HP Netserver LX Pro and after I get through
eliminating the conflicts and actually start booting the kernel, my screen
goes blank and the machine's LCD panel goes blank, like it would if someone
hit the reset button.  The machine doesn't actually reboot (at least not
after the minute or two I let it sit), and I have to hit the reset button to
reboot it.

This is an older HP server with EISA and PCI buses and on-board AIC78xx
controllers.  It was functioning as of 2 weeks ago running Novell Netware,
and will still boot into Netware (I haven't overwritten the disks).

Any guesses to what's wrong?

I'd like to retry with a custom kernel image on floppy, are there any docs
for building a custom install kernel on floppy for installation?