Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:43:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Firewall question

Guys,

  First I would like to thank everyone who responded to last weeks
question.

  This time around my question is a little more detailed (as I managed
to learn more :-) ). I was going to filter on a particular condition
and divert those packets to a divert socket where some processing was
to take place and if the proper conditions are met we would send the
little guys on their way. But as I read the code the packet is basically
gone from the routing software at that point. Any idea how to send the
packets on their way once I've diverted them. I know this may be an easy
question to those who do this sort of thing alot. As a last resort I was just
going to hack the ip_fw_chk() fn (in ip_fw.c). Of course I don't like
hacking systems internals if there is an easy way around it.

   Thanks for your help.

Alwyn Goodloe
agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu