Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:51:06 -0500
From:      Jim Manley <jmanley@metronet.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   kerberos5 port won't build

I cvsup'd the ports collection last night and tried to build
krb5-1.1.1.  The make dies saying it can't find the distribution
even though I've put the krb5-1.1.1.tar file in /usr/ports/distfiles.

I ran "make -ds" (amazing what you can find in the man pages)
and got the following error message:

	SuffFindDeps (do-fetch)
		No known suffix on do-fetch. Using .NULL suffix
	not adding suffix rules.

then it prints out the "go get the distribution file" message.

I'm no C hacker so I can only surmise their is something
missing somewhere.

I've plowed through the email archives (both -questions
and -security) as well as the FAQ and didn't find anything
about this.

Oh yeah, I'm running 3.4-stable last cvsup'd on 4/17.

Regards,

Jim