Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:13:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anybody else have problems with RAT? (mbone)

I cannot get audio from mbone. I have tried both vat and rat. vat simply refuses
saying "HDController::audio_handle()" or something similar. rat seems to work,
I can record wav's with it and later play them using x11amp, but rat refuses
give instant sound.

In rat's config panel it sees my VIA 82C686 audio chip but it never allows me to
select that. And I can't find anyway to manually set the audio device at the
command prompt.

Does anyone else experience this? The audio works in every other aspect.

Would the situation be better if I installed another audio card?

/Micke

I have tried enabling soundblaster compatibility to no avail. And I also have
tried compiling kernel with sbc-support too. Still no sound...