Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:35:42 -0700
From:      "Dave Atkins" <dave@atkinshome.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   VPN Howto and software?

Is there an up-to-date online resource showing what software is needed and
how to configure a VPN through a FreeBSD 4.3 firewall?

1) I am looking for a free solution - I have no money to spend on this
2) I need a solution that will work primarily between Windows NT, 2000, and
98 machines.

Basically, instead of punching a bunch of holes in my home firewall, I would
rather set up a VPN, then use that to access my home network from work.
Terminal Services in Windows 2K works fine for my Win2K server and clients,
but I have an old NT box at home and I need to access it from Win98 or other
NT machines at times.

I have used products like AltaVista Tunnel and Infoexpress VTCP/SECURE in
the past, but they cost way more money than I want to spend for what is
basically a convenience item for me.

Thanks
Dave Atkins