Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:47:56 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        Jamie Jones <jamie@host-997.news.landeg.com>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Opera press release

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 10:29:13AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Arjan van Leeuwen, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Tuesday 24 September 2002 00:18, Jamie Jones wrote:
>
> > In light of these 2 threads, I'd like to ask what the advantage of a
> > FreeBSD version is (from a technical, not a PR point of view.. obvious its
> > great PR news),
>
> It 'feels' better, it seems a bit faster, although I'm not sure of that
> (someone has to do some objective benchmarking), and Opera's browser
> identification now reports to web sites I visit that I'm running FreeBSD
> (instead of Linux), and that's a Good Thing.

I took care of that ages ago    ;p

(ttyp9):{28}% grep linux /etc/rc.local
sysctl -w compat.linux.osname=FreeBSD
sysctl -w compat.linux.osrelease=5.0-CURRENT

Yes, I know it can screw some things up, but Opera's fine with it, and it
makes those web logs looks Just Right    :)

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net